March 28th – April 9th: Events in the HDSID
Things are heating up in the HDSID! We have so many fun events coming up, it’ll make this cold weather manageable…barely!
Easter is this week and the district has some great events for you and your family!
- On March 31st come visit the Easter Bunny at Smile Preschool! The event is free and open to everyone
- Join Downtown Community Church on April 1 for their Easter Service! There will be two services: 10:30 am and 12:00 pm. Free snacks and coffee are provided and three separate Downtown Kids environments, for children 6 weeks through 5th grade, are offered during the 10:30am service. The event is free and all are welcome!
Don’t forget about our Autism Awareness events:
- April 2nd: Light it Blue. We will be lighting blue lights to show support for autism awareness on the Pedestrian Mall, at 7:00 – 10:00 pm.
- April 19: Autism Awareness Dinner at Hard Grove, 6:30 – 9:30. Tickets available at: Autism Awareness Dinner at Hard Grove
- May 12th: 3rd Annual Colors of Autism Street Fair. On May 12, (with a Rain Date of Sunday May 13) the 3rd Annual Colors of Autism Street Fair will take place on First Street and Jersey Avenue. The Street Fair’s goal is to raise awareness for Autism. The event will feature various booths with food vendors, kids activities, music and dancing! Start getting ready!
Celebrate Helen’s Pizzeria and enjoy a plain slice for the price it was 50 years ago! From 12:00 pm- 4:00pm, go in and congratulate the Kalcanides family on a job well done!
There’s still time to sign up for our next workshop with the great and very knowledgeable Luca Cusolito of Creative Enabler! Learn the ins and outs of how to market and plan your next business event without any stress. Sign up for the “Event Promotion for Small Businesses with the HDSID + Creative Enabler” at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/event-promotion-for-small-businesses-with-the-hdsid-creative-enabler-tickets-43618611441
Help gussy up our City! On April 28th it’s the 3nd Annual Great Jersey City Cleanup. All throughout our hometown various clean up teams will help get it ready for the warm months to come! The following places need your help:
Ward A: Audubon Park
Ward B: Lincoln Park (Jersey City)
Ward C: Journal Square Transportation Center Plaza
Ward D: Riverview Park
Ward E: Enos Jones Park
Ward F: Arlington Park
For more information regarding volunteering please visit: volunteer.jerseycitynj.gov
Groove on Grove is grooving on back to the Plaza on May 2nd! Musicians and performers please send your press kit to our Groove on Grove host, “Dancing Tony” at email@example.com
If you are interested in being a merchant for our Artist & Maker Market from May – September, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Yoga Fest 2018
Yoga Fest Jersey City 2018 is coming! On June 23 from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm get prepared to have the most relaxing, Zen experience! The event is being hosted by Jivamukti Yoga Center Jersey City and HDSID on the Pedestrian Mall.
Please note that this is a free public event and all you will need to bring is a “yoga mat, water, sunglasses, sunscreen and love” as per Jivamukti Yoga Center (and we agree)
For more information please visit: https://www.facebook.com/events/2003052596379341/
As you can see, you have a plethora of choices and events to choose from in the HDSID! Between the Farmer’s Market returning next month, Groove on Grove getting it’s groove back and the Artist & Maker Market bringing hand-made goods to you, there’s no excuse for skipping town!
Special thank you as always to our sponsors: