March 8th – March 18th
Meetings in the HDSID:
The HDSID will hold a meeting regarding limiting vehicle access on the Pedestrian Mall on Tuesday, March 13 at 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM in the Caucus Room at City Hall. The discussion will center on limiting vehicle access and safety measures for Newark Avenue. All are welcome!
The HDSID monthly meeting is scheduled for March 20th, 10:00 – 12:00, in the 2nd Floor Caucus Room in City Hall. All are welcome!
Events and Beyond:
The Hair room JC is hosting an International Women’s Day Dance Party on Thursday, March 8 at 9 PM – 12 AM at their Jersey City location. Enjoy the music, dance and be merry with your gal pals! As per The Hair Room it’s $5 at the door, BYOB, and all proceeds will be donated to Planned Parenthood. Enjoy this International Women’s Day with the ladies in your life! For more information please visit, www.thehairromjc.com
Join Another Man’s Treasure Vintage Store for an event for International Women’s Day! Join them for a Ladies Night Out in Soho with drinks, music and Vintage Shopping!! RSVP at: https://www.eventbrite.com or https://www.facebook.com/events/194690517969112
March 17th is St. Patrick’s Day! Please enjoy this day responsibly.
Here are a couple of events in the HDSID to enjoy responsibly this St. Patty’s Day:
- March 17 St. Patrick’s Day at LITM: March 17 at 5 PM to Mar 18 at 1:45 AM
- 2018 St. Patrick’s Celebration at L7’s: March 12 – March 18 March12 at 3 PM to March 18 at 3 AM. Lucky Bar 322 2nd St, Jersey City, New Jersey 07302
- March 17 at 11:30 PM – 2:30 AM St. Patty’s at Porta with More Gravy. Tickets available at http://chilltowncollectivepresents.splashthat.com/
- March 17 at 10 AM to March 18 at 3 AM at FM Restaurant Bar and Lounge. Enjoy live music and great drinks at the revamped FM Restaurant Bar and Lounge.
We know thinking about the summer in March (after a massive snowstorm no less) might seem like torture- will summer and the sun ever come back? What will the kids do during those long days? Well, Three Little Birds has you and your family covered! Enroll now for their summer program at http://threelittlebirdsjc.com/
The Rutgers University Center for Urban Entrepreneurship and Economic Development in Newark has a new program called The Black and Latino Urban Entrepreneurship Retail Acceleration Program (BLUE-RAP). As per the University’s website “The goals of the program are to help black and Latino owners of retail stores and restaurants across the state to thrive, purchase property, and open additional locations in growing urban downtown areas.” If you are a black/Latino entrepreneur/ business owner and would like to participate, please follow this link for enrollment and for additional information: http://www.business.rutgers.edu/cueed/blue-rap and http://www.prunderground.com/rutgers-center-for-urban-entrepreneurship-offers-support-for-nj-blacklatino-retail-store-owners/00118721/
Autism Awareness Events:
The HDSID and Sherry Singh of Smile Pre-School, are sponsoring two events for Autism Awareness:
- April 2nd: Light it Blue. We will be lighting blue lights to show support for autism awareness on the Pedestrian Mall, at 7:00 – 10:00 pm.
- May 12th: 3rd Annual Colors of Autism Street Fair. On May 12, (with a Rain Date of Sunday May 13) the 3rd Annual Colors of Autism Street Fair will take place on First Street and Jersey Avenue. The Street Fair’s goal is to raise awareness for Autism. The event will feature various booths with food vendors, kids activities, music and dancing!
Yoga Fest Jersey City 2018 is coming! On June 23 from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm get prepared to have the most relaxing, Zen experience! The event is being hosted by Jivamukti Yoga Center Jersey City and HDSID on the Pedestrian Mall.
Please note that this is a free public event and all you will need to bring is a “yoga mat, water, sunglasses, sunscreen and love” as per Jivamukti Yoga Center (and we agree)
For more information please visit: https://www.facebook.com/events/2003052596379341/
Start getting ready! The HDSID Farmer’s Market is back…on April 30th!
We have so many events for this week and beyond! Autism Awareness, Yoga Fest… it’s always good to be in Jersey!