Week of February 3 – February 10
Whether you consider it a legitimate holiday or something conjured up by the evil people behind the Greeting Card lobby, Valentine’s Day is here to stay and like always it’s on February 14th. Yup, a Wednesday but don’t worry our great HDSID members have you covered. So if you want to do something for your loved one you have a wealth of riches at your fingertips. Flowers, food, wine, restaurants….downtown Jersey City has it all! Just do yourself a favor and don’t wait last minute like you did last year…and the year before that…and the year before that…
- Casa Mona https://www.facebook.com/Casa-Mona-195231607624357/
- Bouquets and Baskets https://www.facebook.com/bouquetsnbaskets/
- Brennan’s Florist https://www.brennansflorist.net
If your exposure to Australian cuisine is limited to a certain steakhouse (not that there’s anything wrong with that), do yourself and your Valentine a favor a check out this beautiful place!
- Mathews Food and Drink
Enjoy a romantic 3 course pre fixe dinner at Mathews Food and Drink. Between the delicious food, great drinks and ambience, you’ll wish every day was Valentine’s Day! Reservations for seating at 5:00 pm, 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm at mathewsfoodanddrink.com/valentines/
- Kitchen Step
Kitchen Step is also offering a delicious three-course menu featuring options for all for just $75 per guest. Add a cocktail or wine to your Valentine’s Day menu to make it even more memorable. Seatings are available from 5 pm to 9:30 pm but reservations are limited. Book today online at www.kitchenstepjc.com/events or by calling them directly at 201-721-6115.
- Carmen Rosa Bakery www.carmenrosabakery.com
Dominican cakes and cupcakes…that’s all you need to know. Believe us, you won’t regret it…
- Van Hook Cheese and Grocery www.vanhookcheese.com
Maybe sweets aren’t your thing. Van Hook Cheese and Grocery will take care of your savory taste buds with a variety of cheeses and platters.
- Tea NJ
After, before or even in place of a Valentine’s Day dinner, go to Tea NJ and enjoy the variety of teas and coffee and vegan eats and thank us later.
- Love, Liesel
A jewel box of a shop! Love, Liesel has everything from home goods to engagement rings (hint, hint*)
- Mint Market
A great mix of vintage and new items, Mint Market has it all! Get something fancy or comfortable- either way, you’ll feel great.
- Another Man’s Treasure
Celebrate Valentine’s or Galentine’s Day with a vintage find from this great shop! Another Man’s Treasure will surely have what you are looking for.
- Galentine’s Day at LITM http://bit.ly/2BosxpD February 13th.
Celebrate your favorite gals with cocktails and great music at LITM’s Galentine’s Day celebration.
- Valentine’s Day at LITM http://bit.ly/2rwjsvc February 14th.
Valentine’s Day at LITM will feature a menu crafted especially for the day along with champagne specials.
- Valentine’s Day at Dullboy http://bit.ly/2DMMjxa February 14th. Dullboy.
Not interested in the same old same old? Dullboy is anything but dull. Fill out the form, hopefully get a spot and you’ll have a night to remember! http://bit.ly/2DMMjxa
Tiny Greenhouse has you covered for this Valentines Day with not one but TWO great events:
~~~ http://bit.ly/2DZyM6d Surprise your Valentine with a photo and craft from your child. Join the Newport Babies Photography team at Tiny Greenhouse for glamorous photos of your little prince or princess. Dresses and Valentine props will be provided. Tiny Greenhouse is also decorating a mason jar candleholder and will be etching floral vases for your child to take home along with a hardcopy photo. Edited digitals are available for purchase later. Perfect for gifts for mom or dad! Three sessions for a Valentine’s Day Photo Shoot, 2 – 6y February 4, 2018, 10-11am, 11-12pm, 1-2pm at Tiny Greenhouse, 498a Jersey Ave. Reservation required.
~~~ DROP & DINE Friday, February 2, 5:30 – 7:30 pm (for all ages) Why not go for your Valentine’s Dinner before the restaurant gets crowded? Drop off your little one at Tiny Greenhouse, go enjoy dinner, and pick up your happy artist afterword. Please pack a healthy dinner, pajamas and a toothbrush. We will paint, play, and have your little one ready for bed when you pick them up.Go to http://www.tinygreenhousejc.com/schedule.html to reserve your spot.
- Cork & Canvas http://bit.ly/2EqDrOP If you and your loved one think the whole romantic dinner on Valentine’s Day is old news, how about drinking wine and painting? Cork & Canvas is hosting a couple’s event where guests will be painting the Love Birds. Reserve your seats online.
- Knead Therapeutic Massage http://bit.ly/2noYTfJ Couples massage….what else is there to say? 1 hour $210 ($195 cash) or 90 minutes $320 ($300 cash) Call to book your session and you will not regret it: 551-689-0763
- Bambino Chef http://bit.ly/2hvwCiz Get the kiddos in for a Valentine’s Day filled with food, crafts and did we mention food? Register online and the your little foodies will have an unforgettable, yummy Valentine’s Day!
As you can clearly see, the businesses at the HDSID are trying to make sure your Valentine’s Day is perfect! There is a wealth of choices so do yourself a favor stay local- Down Town has it all!